Theme Holiday in Great Britain Lesson plan
КГУ средняя школа-сад имени Крупская
English teacher: Zhyngylbayeva N Zh
Outline of the lesson.
Time: 45 min
The theme of the lesson: Holidays in England
Educational aim: to teach new theme, taking new words and discussion an English Language, To introduce pupils with the holidays in England.
Cultural aim: to bring up love and interest to the subject, to be friendly in group.
Up-brining aim: To bring-up the their interest to learning English, to be active and attentive.
Developing aim: To develop pupils' speaking skills on the theme
The type of the lesson: Traditional . new theme
The form of the lesson: Speaking lesson
Visual AIDS: presentation, card
The technology of the lesson: use information communicative technology
Communicative: talking about to revise all material
Inter- subject connection: grammar, phonetics
Literature: Meiramova S.A. "English", Straightforward; MacMillan E.M.Bazanova "600 oral themes of English Language",
Presentation new theme
Work with vocabulary
Doing some exercises according the presentation.
Procedure of the lesson
I. Organization moment.
a) Greeting students.
-Good morning students!
-How are you?
b) A talk about on duty
-Who is on duty today?
-Who is absent today?
Teacher: Ok, students. Look at the blackboard. This is our small phonetic drill. At first I`ll read, listen to me carefully.
London Bridge is falling down,
Falling down, falling down.
London Bridge is falling down
My fair lady
III. Checking up the home task
Teacher: What was your homework for today?
Pupils: ex., p...
Teacher: Who is ready?
IV. New theme
The next task is puzzle. You must solve puzzle
Well, friends, to begin with, have a look at the blackboard, please. Here is a puzzle for you to do. Name all the words in the pictures, take only the first letter of each word. For example, a hat - letter 'h' ….. (вывешивается буква h на скотч или на магнит).
Your favourite holiday. What holidays do you know in Great Britain ?
V: New words
decorate [dekәreit] сәндеу, безендіру
present [preznt] сыйлық
sock [sͻk] шұлық
chimney [tʃim'ni] мұржа
knock [nͻk] қағу тырсылдату
trick [trik] айла - тәсіл
threat [ɵret] қауіп - қатер
pie [pai] бәліш
neighbour [neibə(r)] көрші
pudding -[pudiƞ] пудинг
Please look at the interactive board presentation about Holidays in England.
1. The word holiday means "holy day" and most of these holidays are of religious origin, but nowadays they are simply days when people relax and don't go to work.
2. New Year's Day is celebrated on the first of January. New Year's Day is not very popular. There is a funny New Year's tradition : the First Foot. He must be a man. The first visitor should bring food, drink and a piece of coal into the house for good luck. People visit their friends, organize parties, there is a lot of dancing and eating.
3. Christmas Day is celebrated on the twenty - fifth of December. Christmas Day is a favourite family holiday.People buy or cook many tasty things. Children decorate Christmas tree with toys,balls and lights.
4. Halloween is celebrated on the thirty - first of October. They say ghosts and witches come out on Halloween.Children make lanterns out of pumpkins. Some people Halloween party and dress as ghosts, witches, skeletons and black cats. On Halloween children ask «Trick or Treat?».
5. Queen Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary) was born on 21 April, 1926 at 17 Bruton Street, London. Her birthday is officially celebrated in Britain on the second Saturday of June each year. The day is referred to as "the Trooping of the Colour</</span>", the official name is "the Queen's Birthday Parade".
Doing task in a presentation.
6. Remembrance Day is on 11 November. It is a special day set aside to remember all those men and women who were killed during the two World Wars and other conflicts. At 11am on each Remembrance Sunday a two minute silence is observed at war memorials and other public spaces across the UK.
7. Boxing Day is usually celebrated on the following day after Christmas Day. It is the day to open the Christmas Box to share the contents with the poor. Boxing Day is the day when families get together. It is a day of watching sports and playing board games with the family. Many families go on walks in the countryside.
8. Saint Valentine's Day is celebrated on the fourteenth of February. Sometimes sweets and red roses are given as a sign of love. People decorate rooms with big red roses and give chocolate to sweethearts, friends and family.
9. Easter is celebrated in April. At Easter people go to the church and wear new clothes. People colour eggs.Children eat chocolate Easter eggs.Sometimes parents hide them in the house or in the garden and children look for them.
Let's do exercise. True or false.
1. Halloween celebrated on December 31.
2. On New year day children knock the door their neighbours and say ' treat' or 'threat'.
3. St. Valentine's day celebrated on February 14.
4. Santa Claus comes on Thanksgiving day.
5. On Valentine's day many people send cards to people they love.
6.New Year day celebrated on December 31.
1 )We celebrate Christmas
A) 25 December
B) 31 December
C) 9 may
2) Irish wear green clothes ….
A) Patrick Day
B) Christmas Day
C) Valentine Day
3) Family gather together in the USA….
A) Patrick's Day
B) Christmas Day
C) Thanksgiving Day
4) In new year children wait ….
A) Santa Clause
B) Kidir ata
5) Children say "treat" or "trick" in ….
A) Patrick Day
C) Thanksgiving Day
V. Marking students
So, your marks for today … Your mark is excellent (good, bad)
VI. Giving homework
To make up dialogue Holidays in our country.
Thank you for the lesson! You all worked hard and tried to do your best. - It was pleasant for me to listen to all your opinions. I think you are good readers and I hope you will remain the same ones.
если материал вам не подходит, воспользуйтесь поиском